Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Magic and Old Wives Tales

OK, I am not a chemist. I actually failed Chemistry in college. But, a new trend is developing. I've watched Bill Nye the Science Guy's show on Planet Green called Stuff Happens. It is kind of interesting. Probably because I just don't understand those things. They are magic to me. Then I bought a book on how to clean everything with common household non-toxic ingredients. I tried a couple, they worked. I am in an experimental cleaning mode, so I tried a couple more. I ran out of brass polish, so I looked it up in the book. Mix equal parts of vinegar, salt and flour. Rub on the brass, leave for an hour, then rinse off. It truly works. My brass has never been shinier. It is blinding. Do other people know about this stuff? I know it is a silly thing to get excited about, but to me it is just a little bit of magic. And it is totally green magic. If you have magic recipes, please let me know!
Feng Shui is a little bit similar to Old Wives Tales, in the fact that it has been tried and found to work and then passed down to others. Chinese farmers and philosophers joined ideas (over 3,000 years ago) and found information that did prove to be effective. Just like the cleaning recipes. Magic!! 


1 comment:

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

I'm learning too.. some of it seems so simple but if it works well, go with it!! HUGS

Jen

Copyright Karma

Thank you for not copying my words, thoughts, ideas, images or art without my permission.